Monday 14 December 2015

Because

Because I have grown up in a family unit that has not known divorce, I believe in the connection formed through a marriage.
Because I have seen the adverse effects that drugs and excessive alcohol abuse can have on a person’s mind and life, I choose to refrain from those activities.
Because I have experienced the heartache of having a door closed on me, I know the importance of being grateful for opportunities.
Because I did not always utilize the opportunities presented to me in my schooling, I now view any form of education as a benefit and try to uphold that value.
Because I was intimidated and bullied by others as a young person, I know how important it is to treat everyone I meet with respect, no matter what they look like or what their interests are.
Because I grew up in the country for part of my life, I appreciate the beauty that is Australia in all its natural settings.
Because I have felt love, I know how to show love to others.
Because I have travelled to different countries and met many who live in poverty, I seek to assist those in need whenever possible.
Because I know truth, I live my life from that perspective.
Because I had a dream planted into my heart at an early age, I have not given up even when the dream did not seem to be possible.


Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment (all comments are subject to moderation). Writers work alone and often do not get the feedback they yearn for. Please be polite and constructive. Or, better still, send in your own poem and let us see what you got!