Wednesday 20 May 2015

My Song

The freeing melodies reverberate through my soul
Lifting me up out of the deep valley I have dwelt.
I no longer feel the weight of control, of oppression, of pain
I am free.


These songs take hold of my pain,
Smothering and dissolving it til it disappears into oblivion.
I do not hold this alteration back, I cannot,
For if I did, I would surely waste away into the darkness.


I let those internal melodies rise up through my feet, my legs,
All the way into my lungs, my gut, my heart.
They continue to rise and spread through my veins, into my throat
Where sound begins to form.


I cannot contain the uprising any longer.
I close my eyes,
Smile,


And let my song out.

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment (all comments are subject to moderation). Writers work alone and often do not get the feedback they yearn for. Please be polite and constructive. Or, better still, send in your own poem and let us see what you got!